Top Flight Gaming Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top Flight Gaming Leagues

Welcome To The Top Flight!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule

Go down 
+7
Dylema
Above N Beyond
Striker09
Scriv
krumb
AVBucks4239
LFC Owens
11 posters

Go with the new rule or stay with the current rule?
Proposed new red card rule
Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule Vote_lcap53%Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule Vote_rcap
 53% [ 8 ]
Stay with the current red card rule
Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule Vote_lcap47%Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule Vote_rcap
 47% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
LFC Owens
Admin
LFC Owens

Male Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule Empty
PostSubject: Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule   Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 2:30 pm

Alright, brutus has come to me and thinks I should change the red card rule we have had in place for years.

Proposed new red card rule(this is also the red card rule used in real life):
If a player gets a straight red or 2 yellows that will = a red in that game, they will be suspended and not allowed to play in there teams next league game(if this is in a cup competition game, then they won't be able to play in there teams next cup game).

or we keep in place the current rule which we have for years...for every red card = -1 point deduction in the team standings.

Only current league members can vote, also, please post when you do vote so I know who has/hasn't voted yet.

Last edited by LFC Owens on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AVBucks4239

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule   Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 2:36 pm

Here's why I brought this up...

Today vs JMC I got two red cards in the first one. Ferdinand's red was the result of two yellows, the first of which deserved no reason for carding. The second red was a straight red to Van Persie. All I'll say is the first thing JMC said to me after the game was "that second red was a little harsh."

So I was down 3-1 at the half. Down 2 men.

I made several tactical switches. Dropped Scholes to the back 4, put Kalou up front, brought on Babel, changed formations, changed tactics...basically everything I could.

I had a very nice goal with Kalou in the 71st minute, a result of a great counterattack.

In the 90th minute, I had probably the best goal I've ever scored. I throughed it parallel with the 18 and Xabi Alonso fired a 20 yard strike that was just beautiful. 3-3 game and I earn a draw, probably the best result I've had in this league.

And I earned -1 points? Ridiculous. If anything it was a great achievement to earn a draw.

We always claim to be trying to "simulate" real league experiences, yet we have a rule that is completely ridiculous and would never, ever, ever be considered to be used in a real league.

In real life, the player is suspended for the next game. That's how this league should be run. Not some bogus rule just because that's the easy way you guys have been doing for a while.
Back to top Go down
krumb

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule   Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 3:18 pm

nvm

Last edited by krumb on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Scriv

Scriv

Male Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule   Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 3:23 pm

i like the new rule...i voted for the change
Back to top Go down
Striker09

Striker09

Male Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule   Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 3:52 pm

I voted for Obama, i believe in change.
Back to top Go down
Above N Beyond

Above N Beyond

Male Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule   Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 4:56 pm

When I first started here the red card rule and the 5 yellow rule was a bit hard to understand but I noticed that if you are down a man in the game due to a red card that's harsh as it is but what happens when your on a break away and possibly in on goal for the winner and get tackled from behind? Fine he gets a red but that's not fair either for the guy on the break away. If the person knows he will lose a man and a point in the standings then it will make him think twice. The rule was put in place to prevent people going all crazy with the tackles.

Now knowing which guys have reds and who are suppose to be out will cause a headacke and knowing which game that player got a red in, and people will forget and not care.

What I think is if a person get's a straight red I think that should be minus 1 point but if he get's 2 yellow's during the game and then a red I don't think a point should be deducted and the 10 yellow card rule comes into effect.

That's my oppinion.
Back to top Go down
AVBucks4239

PostSubject: Re: Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule   Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 5:54 pm

Above N Beyond wrote:
When I first started here the red card rule and the 5 yellow rule was a bit hard to understand but I noticed that if you are down a man in the game due to a red card that's harsh as it is but what happens when your on a break away and possibly in on goal for the winner and get tackled from behind? Fine he gets a red but that's not fair either for the guy on the break away. If the person knows he will lose a man and a point in the standings then it will make him think twice. The rule was put in place to prevent people going all crazy with the tackles.

Now knowing which guys have reds and who are suppose to be out will cause a headacke and knowing which game that player got a red in, and people will forget and not care.

What I think is if a person get's a straight red I think that should be minus 1 point but if he get's 2 yellow's during the game and then a red I don't think a point should be deducted and the 10 yellow card rule comes into effect.

That's my oppinion.
We can amend it and say that breakaway challenges result in a 3 game ban. The FA does actually enforce a case-by-case basis.
Back to top Go down
Striker09

Striker09

Male Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule   Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 6:00 pm

You could...but then that brings up the thing about ppl lying and what not. I kidna agree with above, it'd be a headache.
Back to top Go down
Dylema

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule   Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 6:44 pm

I voted to stay the same. Just don't think I've ever really see the whole ban player thing go over well. I've seen stuff get escalated on the forums over weather or not a guy should have been eligible. I know first hand how horrible some red cards can be. I got 2 bad ones down the stretch with Chelsea last year and missed the play-offs by a point or two. As for
Back to top Go down
LFC Owens
Admin
LFC Owens

PostSubject: Re: Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule   Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 6:55 pm

The reason we have kept the current system in place for all these years is because its proven to work...meaning it keeps guys from playing reckless. As above said, makes guys think twice before committing broader line tackle.
Back to top Go down
AVBucks4239

PostSubject: Re: Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule   Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 11:43 pm

Above N Beyond wrote:

That's my oppinion.
Screw what I said before in response to your post.

I was just thinking about an epic game at Goodison Park this year. Everton were down 2-0, equalized in the 92nd minute. After the restart, Ashley Young somehow got loose and there was only one defender within distance--Julian Lescott. Lescott let Young go and he got the winner on the last strike of the ball. After the game, all the pundits agreed that Lescott should have taken the straight red to sacrifice for the team.

https://www.dailymotion.com/search/everton%2Baston%2Bvilla/video/x7nt2v_everton-v-aston-villa_sport?from=rss

It happens people.

Also, I'm dumbfounded that you guys think this rule would be hard to follow. This just weeks after completing a 16 round draft and just days after the high people in the league proposed a salary cap type league. Yet, you think people wouldn't be able to keep track of their cards. Give me a break.
Back to top Go down
Above N Beyond

Above N Beyond

PostSubject: Re: Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule   Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 6:44 am

AVBucks4239 wrote:
Above N Beyond wrote:

That's my oppinion.

I was just thinking about an epic game at Goodison Park this year. Everton were down 2-0, equalized in the 92nd minute. After the restart, Ashley Young somehow got loose and there was only one defender within distance--Julian Lescott. Lescott let Young go and he got the winner on the last strike of the ball. After the game, all the pundits agreed that Lescott should have taken the straight red to sacrifice for the team.

https://www.dailymotion.com/search/everton%2Baston%2Bvilla/video/x7nt2v_everton-v-aston-villa_sport?from=rss

It happens people.

Also, I'm dumbfounded that you guys think this rule would be hard to follow. This just weeks after completing a 16 round draft and just days after the high people in the league proposed a salary cap type league. Yet, you think people wouldn't be able to keep track of their cards. Give me a break.

Unless there is a system that can track who has red cards then fine with me. I say keep the rule and ban the players like in real life. lol # game suspension plus -1pt in the table. That would be harsh now wouldn't it... lol

If I play you for example week 3 and get a red card and then in week 5 I play Owens, then he's going to have to know what guy has a red card in my previous games which isn't a big deal I guess but annoying to have to make sure that that specific player is not allowd to play. First of all I rarely get red cards so this rule has little affect on me really. I would be willing to try it out for one season to see how it goes.

Of there is a seperate thread with suspensions that's updated then by all means if the comissh wants it to be done so be it.
Back to top Go down
Rated Edge
Admin

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule   Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 7:22 am

I voted for changing the rule, I like it.

We have the core guys who won't ***k the system and not sit there player, so it's fine with me.
Back to top Go down
LFC Owens
Admin
LFC Owens

PostSubject: Re: Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule   Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 9:14 am

Yes, we will have a separate thread to keep track of players you get reds and there 1 game suspensions.
Back to top Go down
AVBucks4239

PostSubject: Re: Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule   Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 11:05 am

Above N Beyond wrote:
AVBucks4239 wrote:
Above N Beyond wrote:

That's my oppinion.

It happens people.

Unless there is a system that can track who has red cards then fine with me. I say keep the rule and ban the players like in real life. lol # game suspension plus -1pt in the table. That would be harsh now wouldn't it... lol

If I play you for example week 3 and get a red card and then in week 5 I play Owens, then he's going to have to know what guy has a red card in my previous games which isn't a big deal I guess but annoying to have to make sure that that specific player is not allowd to play. First of all I rarely get red cards so this rule has little affect on me really. I would be willing to try it out for one season to see how it goes.

Of there is a seperate thread with suspensions that's updated then by all means if the comissh wants it to be done so be it.
What I proposed to Owens was to have a Sticky Thread where red cards are reported. Then the manager must quote his message of the original red card and notify that he properly benched his player in the next game that he played. Week number does not matter, you just bench them your next game.
Back to top Go down
Above N Beyond

Above N Beyond

PostSubject: Re: Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule   Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 11:27 am

Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
Dayton91

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule   Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 1:59 pm

voted for the new rule
Back to top Go down
sundaydrive9

sundaydrive9

Male Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule   Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 1:09 pm

new rule to keep it realistic..
Back to top Go down
LFC Owens
Admin
LFC Owens

PostSubject: Re: Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule   Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 6:33 pm

I'll decide weather or not to change this rule before next season.

I'm not gonna change a rule in mid-season.
Back to top Go down
kidkahlos

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule   Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 7:01 pm

old rule
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule   Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule Empty

Back to top Go down

Vote on new Red Card rule or keep the current rule
Page 1 of 1